Monday, September 22, 2008

Jury Duty

By the time you read this post, I'll be sitting in a crappy old courthouse waiting to see if a bunch of lawyers want me to sit on a jury. Considering that I've already compared our previous Governor to Elmer Gantry, I should hope not.

The worse thing is that if I do, I'm sure not to get on an interesting jury, hearing Jimmy Stewart talk about women's panties the way he did in Anatomy of a Murder. If anything, I'd be more likely to end up on a jury like the one in 12 Angry Men, although that might be because I'm the twerp who's unwilling to go along with everybody else.

At any rate, the upshot is that I haven't had the time for more lengthy posts for some time, and may not for the next week. I apologize, and hope to resume normal service as soon as possible.

No comments: