Friday, July 6, 2012

A few more briefs

I saw the "TCM Remembers" tribute to Andy Griffith yesterday evening, just before Spike Lee came on at 8:00 PM, with a note at the end announcing the night of Griffith movies on July 18. I had already read about the programming change, but this was the first time I saw the clip montage. In fact, I think it's the first one that TCM has done in a while. To be honest, though, it's not as if too many of the really well-known people who would merit a "TCM Remembers" montage have been dying lately. There's Ann Rutherford and, before that... who? And I've been watching a lot more tennis and soccer over the past month than TCM.

I had reason to recommend the film Bigger Than Life on another forum the other day. In doing so, I found out that it got a DVD release back in 2010. I guess I should pay a little more attention to upcoming DVD releases.

(Edited to add a link to the Bigger Than Life DVD release)

No comments: