Wednesday, July 11, 2012

John Calvert redux

I mentioned the documentary John Calvert: His Magic and Adventures back in April, and said that I didn't know when it was going to air again. For those of you who have the Documentary Channel (you should if you've got DirecTV; I don't know about other satellite/cable providers), it's going to be on again overnight tonight at 2:00 AM (that's still late Wednesday evening out on the west coast).

I was flipping through the channels a few days ago, and when I got to the Documentary Channel, they were running a promo about a documentary on William Castle, which looked as though it had some reasonably well-known names doing interviews in the documentary. I believe I saw both Roger Corman and Leonard Maltin talking about Castle's shtick. The promo didn't say anything about when this documentary might be airing, but according to their web site, it's supposed to be on at 2:00 AM on July 16; I don't know whether that's the overnight between Sunday and Monday or, like the way TCM irritatingly does their schedule, the overnight between Monday and Tuesday.

No comments: