Thursday, September 25, 2014

FXM Repeats

I'm sorry to say that I'm in a bit of a rut right now not being too awful interested in doing full-length blog posts on anything. To be fair, it's in part because there hasn't been all that much coming up that I've seen recently enough to do a full-length post on. And for those few movies I might be interested in blogging about, I've already blogged about them. So I'll mention a couple of movies that appeared on what was the Fox Movie Channel several years ago, before they did the rebranding to be FXM in the evening, let alone 24 hours a day. Perhaps it's symptomatic of my lull in writing that the most recent of the links is from February 2011. It's no wonder that I'm going to get tired if I've been writing as long as I've been doing.

The Raid comes up tomorrow morning at 7:45 AM. Van Heflin plays a confederate soldier leading a raid across the Canadian border into St. Albans, VT, only for things to get complicated when the son of a Union war widow starts to look up to him.

In Prince of Players, following The Raid at 9:15 AM, Richard Burton plays Edwin Booth, one of the great American Shakespearean actors of the second half of the 19th century, who had to deal with the fact that his brother John (John Derek) was an assassin.

Wild River, at 1:00 PM tomorrow, sees Montgomery Clift playing a man from the federal government trying to get the Tennesee Valley Authority dams built in the 1930s, who faces families who are less than happy about being flooded off of their land; one matriarch in particular (Jo Van Fleet) is determined not to leave.

No comments: