Thursday, June 30, 2016

Somebody else's screencaps



I noticed a couple of days ago that Scotty Moore died at the age of 84. Moore was one of Elvis Presley's backing guitarists, back in the early days; being a movie blogger, I didn't think much about it.

But then, somebody over at the TCM boards mentioned Moore's death, pointing out that Elvis' backing musicians had appeared in Jailhouse Rock, which I suppose makes sense since Elvis' character in the movie is an up-and-coming singer. So you can see Moore there, just behind Presley's left shoulder, playing away on the guitar.

Not that Moore's death will make the TCM Remembers piece at the end of the year, of course (and not that it should). But I was favorably impressed with those screencaps.

I've got a couple of movies on DVD I haven't seen before; someday I'll get around to watching them and making some screencaps on my new computer to put up with the inevitable blog posts about them.

No comments: