Friday, August 26, 2016

Starring the Computer

The interesting blogger David Thompson included in the most recent of his semi-regular Friday Ephemera thread a link to a website called Starring the Computer.

Basically, somebody who watches a lot of movies and TV shows enjoys looking for real-life computers that show up in them. Not fictional computers, like the HAL-9000 in 2001: A Space Odyssey, but real, identifiable computers such as the old TI-99/4A that was my first computer when I was a kid in the early 80s.

I've got another acquaintance on the internet who says something to the effect of, "Everybody should be an expert on something." Apparently somebody decided to become a self-educated expert on the topic of real-life computers as props.

(I think I've done a post on some of the fake computer tropes, such as the unrealistic password prompts.)

No comments: