Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Monday

I have to admit I'm really disappointed I didn't stay up for the end of Carnival of Souls last night; unfortunately since I get up at 4:30 on weekdays I don't stay up all that late on weekends. I only saw the first half and now I really want to see the whole thing. But at least there some other good movies coming up on TCM on Halloween that I've already blogged about:

Cat People, is one of the great ones, showing how even a low-budget movie can create an excellent atmosphere of horror by driving the viewer's imagination. You can catch it at 7:15 AM.

Dementia 13, about strange goings on at an Irish manor house, will be on at 9:45 AM.

Finally, I'd like to mention the British horror anthology Dead of Night. It'll be on at 2:30 PM. In this one, not only are the horror stories pretty darn good, but the framing story is surprisingly good. In a lot of anthologies there's little or no framing story. Apparently, this one has been released to DVD since I last posted about it, but that cover art doesn't look right at all.

No comments: