Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Possibly back on FXM Retro: May 11, 2017

So in last week's Thursday Movie Picks thread, I mentioned The Day Mars Invaded Earth as one of the movies about the Doppelgänger. I was under the impression that it was going to be on FXM Retro this coming Thursday, for those of you who haven't seen the movie and who have access to FXM. And indeed, my DirecTV box guide lists it as being on at 3:30 AM Thursday.

However, as I was preparing to look that up to write this post, I looked on TitanTV, since I've got a link to that on my computer. And that doesn't list The Day Mars Invaded Earth. Instead, they've got Chronicle on at 2:00 AM, followed by an "FXM Presents" piece and an 80s movie called Gleaming the Cube at 4:00 AM.

Zap2It, which seems to have redone its TV schedules to make them more accessible again (Yay!), presumably gets its listings from the same source as DirecTV -- as I understand it, there are actually a fairly small number of listings sources. They have Chronicle at 1:30 AM (both have the same running time for it, 103 minutes although that would include commercials), followed at 3:30 by... The Day Mars Invaded Earth.

So I went to the FX channels' page -- individual channels don't get their own sites there -- to get the schedule straight from the horse's mouth. They have Chronicle on at 1:30 AM, and then nothing until 6:00 AM, when all of the schedules agree that The Desert Rats will be on.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that because the FX page has Chronicle at 1:30, that The Day Mars Invaded Earth will in fact show up at 3:30 AM. But frankly I have no idea. I'm up that time of the morning since I start work at 6, but I'm not live-blogging what's on FXM.

No comments: