Tuesday, October 3, 2017

FXM Retro watch, October 4/5, 2017

I try to look through FXM's schedule at least once a week. When I did it last weekend, I noticed that The Left Hand of God is going to be on tomorrow morning at 11:50 AM, and then again Thursday at 8:50 AM. Humphrey Bogart isn't quite as good here as he was in most of his earlier movies, but everybody tries. When I did my blog post on it five years ago, the movie was coming up on TCM. I actually can't recall the last time it was on FXM (or really the Fox Movie Channel since I'm guessing it was that long ago).

Both showings of The Left Hand of God will be followed by Five Gates to Hell, a movie thatI don't think I'd ever heard of before. Apparently it's one of those movies that Fox only distributed, written and directed by James Clavell, and a cast that's B-list at best. Women guerrillas? Sounds like it could be interesting. And I can see why somebody might pair it with The Left Hand of God.

No comments: