Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Romy Schneider night

TCM is running three Romy Schnedier films about Austrian Empress Elizabeth, nicknamed "Sissi". (Technically four, as somebody edited the three movies down into a fourth, although this one is only listed on Schneider's IMDb page as "Archive footage".) Both women died tragically young, although in different ways and obviously nobody could have known at the time they made the movies that Romy was going to die young.

I have to admit that I don't know much of anything about the Sissi movies, and not all that much about Schneider's movies. But then, looking at her filmography, I see that she made relatively few films in English, and although I'm always up for new things, I tend to watch fewer foreign movies than some people with cult tastes in movies.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to find the space on my DVR for them, either.

No comments: