Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Treasures from the Disney Vault, December 2017

Tonight sees the quarterly installment of Treasures from the Disney Vault on TCM. I have to admit that there's not all that much I'm interested in in tonight's lineup.

There's all of one short at 8:00 PM before the feature movies start, with the first one being The Story of Robin Hood at 8:15 PM. I don't recall whether I've seen this version before.

Probably the best known of tonight's movies would be Pete's Dragon, overnight at 2:15 AM. I would have been about five years old when this one came out, so I'm not certain whether I saw it in the theater or not. My mom especially liked all that Disney stuff and we got dragged to a bunch of things put out by the studio. One of my childhood memories is being in line at a theatre where everybody else wanted to see Ice Castles, and we were there for... The North Avenue Irregulars?! No, I don't remember the movie at all. I probably slept through it.

But, as always, there's a good section of the population these movies will appeal to, so I think it's a good think that TCM has these Disney nights once a quarter even if I tend not to care for the movies.

No comments: